This is some information we found on the Bradford White line of Oil Fired water heaters. In my opinion the bradford white oil fired water heaters are average, and we prefer Bock oil fired water heaters for our clients. Nevertheless this page could be useful if you currently have a bradford white oil fired water heater and need some information on your heater.
If you’re having a problem with your current Bradford White and want a replacement, or need your current Bradford White oil fired water heater fixed in Connecticut, or the Greater NYC areas we can help you today.
Connecticut’s Most trusted water heater installers!
10,000+ installations and counting.
Call for an appointment today. (800) 542-4280 / (203) 376-5208
A Plus Plumber llc,
Here’s all the information we were about to find out on the Oil Fired water heaters by Bradford White.
- 1″ Non-CFC foam insulation – covers the sides and top of tank to save fuel by retarding loss of heat. Also increases jacket rigidity.
- Lowest operating cost – Bradford White oil-fired water heaters provide hot water more economically than heaters powered with other fuels. Costs can be cut as much as 60 percent with these new units.
- Stainless steel baffle – resists corrosion.
- High recovery rates – oil heats water 3 to 4 times faster than other methods. These models are designed to assure a constant supply of hot water provided the draw-off rate is within the recovery capacity of the unit. For example, the recovery capacity of a heater with a 32-gallon storage tank, fired at the rate of .65 gph, is 91 gallons of water per hour at 90°F temperature rise. From a cold start, a full tank of 32 gallons is hot in approximately 21 minutes.
- Factory installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System – cold inlet sediment reducing device. Helps prevent sediment build up in tank. Increases first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build up at top of tank.
- Vitraglas® lined tank – water heater tanks are protected from the corrosive effects of hot water by exclusive ceramic porcelain-like coating. Vitraglas®provides a tough interior surface for water heat tanks, which must withstand the wearing effects of high volume and high temperature hot water.
- Two tank sizes – choice of 32- and 50-gallon tank capacities provide for a wide range of applications.
- Two protective magnesium anode rods – which neutralizes corrosive effects of water chemicals, prevents rust formation and assures longer tank life. One hex-head type and one incorporated with hot water outlet nipple.
- Installation – occupies relatively little floor space and does not require a separate fuel oil storage tank when used in oil-heated residence.
- Limited warranty – Six years on tank. Two years on parts.
†Does not include burner and controls.
Suitable for Water (Potable) Heating and Space Heating
Toxic chemicals, such as those used for boiler treatment, shall NEVER be introduced into this system. This unit may NEVER be connected to any existing heating system or component(s) previously used with a non-potable water heating appliance.
All Oil-Powered water heaters are certified at 300 PSI test pressure (2068 kPa) and 150 PSI working pressure (1034 kPa). All water connections are 3/4″ NPT (19 mm) on 11″ (279 mm) centers. All models meet or exceed the performance standard established under ASHRAE Standard 90.1b 1992. Recovery based on 76% efficiency.
Additional Information from the Bradford White website about there new oil fired water heaters.
AERO® SERIES OIL-POWERED CENTER AND REAR FLUE MODELS
Rugged, durable and renown for their high output, these water heaters meet the highest standards in quality and dependability. Aero® Series residential water heaters include exceptional standard features that customers and installers can depend on.(Sample model numbers include: CF‑32‑6, RF‑30‑6 & RF‑50‑6)
- Factory installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System (Center Flue models only)
- Vitraglas® lined tank
- Flexible stainless steel baffle (Center Flue models only)
- Fiberglass insulation
- Ceramic fiber combustion chamber
- Protective magnesium anode rod(s)
- Brass drain valve
- Low operating costs
- High recovery rates
- Installed T&P relief valve
- Six year limited warranty on tank
- Two year limited warranty on parts
- Two year limited warranty on burners